Reports to: Vice President Business Development & General Conference
This position is based in Washington, D.C. There is no option to telecommute.
About NGAUS: The association includes nearly 45,000 current or former Guard officers. It was created in 1878 to provide unified National Guard representation in Washington. In their first productive meeting after Reconstruction, militia officers from the North and South formed the association with the goal of obtaining better equipment and training by petitioning Congress for more resources. Today, 144 years later, NGAUS has the same mission.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a comprehensive annual plan to recruit and retain corporate members of NGAUS
- Works with NGAUS marketing team to develop marketing messages and campaigns targeting corporate membership
- Provide superior service to prospective and current corporate members
- Work closely with NGAUS Tradeshow Sales Company to secure sales for annual conference
- Provide support to the Vice President Business Development & General Conference to plan and execute various events at our annual conference, and other major NGAUS events
- Identifies corporate donors for the National Guard Educational Foundation
- Work closely with Corporate Advisory Panel (CAP) and Board of Directors
- Represent NGAUS at various events
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the status, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Defense Industry experience
- Ability to serve as a strong, compelling ambassador for NGAUS
- A strong comprehensive knowledge of NGAUS, NGB, and the National Guard
- Creative, energetic, entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to multi-task, be organized and flexible, and prioritize responsibilities
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Business acumen, strategic planning, and resource management skills
- Strong IT and social media capabilities, including Association Management Software
- Event Planning
- Ability to work as a team member
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or greater and related experience and/or training.
All interested and qualified should send cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected] by close of business (5 p.m. EST) on Nov. 7.