Digital Content Manager
Assists with the development and execution of National Guard Association of the United States Communications Department programs and products, including notably the association website, social media and video channels, and the annual General Conference.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, curate and syndicate content to increase NGAUS brand awareness and conversion rates*
- Research, write and edit content; ensure it is clear, compelling and properly distributed across web, mobile and social platforms*
- Facilitate a daily NGAUS social media presence with an emphasis on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, LinkedIn*
- Collaborate with marketing department to create and manage social media and content marketing campaigns*
- Adhere to a consistent brand philosophy*
- Provide a strong understanding of user experience and ability to implement SEO/SEM best practices*
- Monitor engagement, analyze content streams and data, and follow market trends to ensure impactful and timely dissemination of content*
- Track metrics around readership, topics and views to identify areas for improvement for digital and print materials
- Coordinate with graphic designer to plan, develop and deliver content for digital and print materials*
- Build strategic partnerships and manage short and long-term projects with external vendors*
- Assist Director of Communications with the execution of General Conference business sessions*
- Facilitates requests from the National Guard Association of the United States membership, the general public and media*
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
• Knowledge of Content Management Systems, preferred Drupal
• Basic understanding of HTML, web publishing and video editing
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; and some related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiarity with the military.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
All interested candidates should submit a resume (no longer than two pages) to [email protected]. Please include work examples. Salary range is $55,000 to $65,000
NGAUS includes nearly 40,000 current or former Guard officers. It was created in 1878 to provide unified National Guard representation in Washington. The association was formed with the goal of obtaining better equipment and training by educating Congress on Guard requirements. Today, NGAUS has the same mission.