Position: Archivist & Museum Specialist (National Guard Educational Foundation)
Reports to: Deputy Director, NGEF
This position is under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director, National Guard Educational Foundation. This position manages the National Guard Memorial Library, its document and photograph collections, and assists with all aspects of the National Guard Memorial Museum, including, but not limited to, Collections Management, Exhibitions, and Content Development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
National Guard Memorial Library
• Day-to-day management of the National Guard Memorial Library
• Patron assistance and reference services including fulfillment of research requests
• Inventory and catalog library collection items
• Create and maintain digital and hard-copy artifact files
• Monitor and ensure proper environmental control in collections storage areas and library
• Coordinate NGEF’s social media presence
• Manage content of NGEF website
• Assist in training and supervising interns and volunteers
• Perform related duties as assigned
National Guard Memorial Museum
• Exhibition development, including comprehensive research and coordinating with vendors (exhibit designers and fabricators), potential artifact donors, and content determination.
• Preparation of scripts, including labels and photograph selection for new and existing exhibits
• Conduct inventory and condition reports for artifact collection and incoming items
• Provide tours of the National Guard Memorial Museum
• Assist in planning and executing special events
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Experience working in a museum and/or library setting
• Demonstrated experience working with PastPerfect museum software
• Ability to work with colleagues in a collaborative team environment
• Ability to multi-task, be organized and flexible, and prioritize responsibilities
• Knowledge and appreciation of the history and heritage of National Guard
• Superior oral and written and communications skills
Bachelor’s Degree or greater in museum-related course of study
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some collection and artifact moving is required. This would require the ability to lift, go up and down stairs, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please submit cover letter, resume (2 pages maximum), and three references to Patricia O’Connell at firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business April 25, 2014.