Position: Staff Accountant
Accounts Payable Clerk/NGAUS Insurance Trust Member Services and Benefits
Reports To: Comptroller
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Level: Hourly $18-23/hour, commensurate with education and experience
Summary: Complies and maintains payable records as well as manages and markets National Guard Association of the Unites States Insurance Trust member services and benefits by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Prints and obtains all signatures on all accounts payable checks.*
2. Distributes signed checks as required.*
3. Answers all vendor inquiries.*
4. Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets, and corporate accounts payables files.*
5. Assists director of finance and comptroller as necessary.*
6. Prepares cleared checks for storage.*
7. Prepares analysis of accounts as required.*
8. Performs filing and copying.*
9. Coordinates the activities of the National Guard Association of the United States Insurance Trust and state association in relation to membership/insurance products.*
10. Assists in the development and implementation of both new and current National Guard Association of the United States Insurance Trust products. *
11. Maintains database of contacts with the Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the United States, state executive directors, state human resource office, and other representatives to facilitate the marketing and increased sales of membership/insurance products.*
12. Assists in the creation of benefit briefings and marketing tools to assist National Guard Association of the United States, Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the United States, and the states in promoting insurance. *
13. Responds to requests by state representatives and individuals for brochures and other related marketing materials. *
14. Assists in the resolution of issues pertaining to insured technicians and members. *
15. Answers calls for service or questions from the field for covered person or those interested in membership benefits.*
16. Responsible for development of forms, letters, spreadsheets, and reports*
17. Assists with the administration of the insurance/benefits programs.*
18. Researches membership database as needed for director of membership, member services, and benefits.*
19. Responsible for front desk coverage.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, accounting software, and Microsoft Outlook.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please submit cover letter, resume (2 pages maximum), and three references to Ms. Patricia O’Connell at email@example.com by close of business May 26, 2016.