NGAUS Washington Report
(June 25, 2013) Delta Dental, which administrates the TRICARE Retiree Dental Program (TRDP), has announced that it will be extending its benefit year from Oct. 1 to Dec. 31.
Delta will also be prorating benefits this year from Oct. 1 to Dec. 31. This will not increase a member’s premium or deductible.
The program will follow a calendar year next year, which patients have repeatedly requested.
The provider made the announcement last week during a meeting with veterans organizations.
Delta Dental officials also offered the following information.
- The average premium is $43.64 for a single, $84.04 for two people and $138.57 for a family (3 or more). Premiums will decrease slightly on Jan. 1, 2014;
- The Premium Program is raising the lifetime orthodontic maximum from $1,500 to $1,750;
- Patients with diabetes qualify for an additional teeth cleaning annually (up to three per year);
- Starting Oct. 1, TRICARE Dental will only take electronic funds transfer (EFT) or government allotment as payment for premiums;
- TRDP has 200,000 provider locations and is adding more;
- DDS submits claim to TRDP at no charge; and
- Current figures show an estimate of 22 percent savings by using the TRDP network.
Delta Dental pledged to maintain the high standards that have been so popular with patients, and to continually work to improve services, lower costs if possible and extend the network as much as possible.
More information can be found at its website, www.trdp.org.