NATIONAL GUARD is the official publication of NGAUS, which has been in print since 1947 when it was known as The National Guardsmen. The magazine features articles about legislation and developments affecting the National Guard, with topics such as the defense budget, equipment, education, retirement and health care.
As a NGAUS member, you will receive this magazine each month. Subscriptions are also available to non-member constituents who have interests in the activities of NGAUS and the Guard.
In each issue you’ll hear directly from the NGAUS chairman and get a breakdown of relevant events happening on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., as well as at the state level.
The magazine’s feature stories explore in detail the issues and initiatives that matter most to you, as well as highlights the Guard's successes and challenges. The magazine also tells the stories of the extraordinary efforts of every-day civilians and officers on behalf of the Guard.
Past issues of the magazine have:
- Taken a detailed look at 2013 defense budget proposals and the impacts to the National Guard
- Pulled back the curtain on how NGAUS lobbyists navigate Capitol Hill to petition on behalf of its members and the entire National Guard
- Explored how the Guard utilizes technology to gather intelligence and illuminate activities on the battlefield
- Provided insight into Guard training and tools as first-responders at major disasters
- Evaluated how state benefits for Guardsmen boost recruitment and reward service
With a circulation of over 45,000, NATIONAL GUARD magazine is an important vehicle for telling the story of the Guard, fostering good relations with stakeholders and influencing decision makers on matters of priority to the Guard.
Advertisers can reach an audience of Army and Air National Guard officers, senior officials at the National Guard Bureau, governors, senators and representatives in Congress, government agencies and the defense industry. NATIONAL GUARD magazine’s circulation is verified by BPA, the Business Publication Audit of Circulations.
Become A Member
A subscription to NATIONAL GUARD is a NGAUS member benefit. To receive your first issue of NATIONAL GUARD and have your voice heard on Capitol Hill, join NGAUS today.
Subscribe to NATIONAL GUARD
There are three ways you can subscribe to the magazine.
- Become a member and receive a complimentary print subscription sent to your home ever month. Join now.
- A print subscribe to the magazine is $25. Sign up online.
- The digital version of the magazine is complimentary. We’ll send you a notification when the latest edition is available online. Manage your digital subscriptions.