National Guard Friday Links
May 3, 2013
- Samsung smartphones and Blackberry 10 phones are now OK to use on DoD networks.
- Furloughs may not affect some National Guardsmen as badly as expected. It seems that at least one state expects military technician furloughs to be less severe than originally thought.
- United HealthCare, the largest provider of TRICARE for military families, is under fire for failures under their contract with the Defense Department.
- Afghan president urges the closing of the military detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
- A new DoD report outlines the problems facing the Arizona National Guard.
- Spain and the US have agreed to a plan to lease Spain-owned military bases to the US.